Saturday, March 5, 2011

YAY! Very Intense Week.....

Ugh, have been trying to blog all week.   WOW - YAY my husband and I went to a meeting last Monday that consisted of Asperger's parents only - it was AWESOME!!!  The fact that we could share stories, understand, not have to justify or defend and laugh was great.  There were 7 or 8 of us and all the others had a child between the ages 11-30.  So- we had 'experts' to ask our many questions and get advice on some of our issues.  I am sooooo grateful to have made priceless contacts - I all ready have a list of names and numbers to call regarding therapists that might help us get a handle on Sam's anger/'violent' tendencies.  Now we will all be meeting the second Sunday of the month.....YAY!

Then, I had the pleasure of meeting with our pastor's wife Wednesday.  Pretty intense and great.  It took us 6 years to have Samuel (as I stated in earlier blogs) and she was one of a few that were praying for a child for us.  When we met this last week, she asked 'is he a 'destiny' child' - woa!  Hadn't put it that way before - I do believe in healing and I am also believing for God to give my husband and I the tools to handle Sam.  

STICKER CHART:  well, the sticker chart is not a fantastic incentive for Sam unless he knows I have 'cheap' toys in the closet for him when he gets on a 'circle'.  Hot Wheels, Dollar Tree thingys, Backugans (sp?), candy, etc.  Twice in the last week he has said he does not want his sticker chart anymore - 'THROW IT AWAY!!!!'  We had a mega meltdown Wednesday all afternoon - he wanated the two Hot Wheels that he knew were in the closet - he counted how many stickers he would have to get before getting them - 7.  He was overwhelmed by all the 'chores' he would have to do to get the stickers (these 'chores' are hardly tiring - but to him they are!!) and flew into meltdown mode.  I couldn't take it anymore after 45 minutes - not only was he in a fit, Nasya was bawling and in the middle of it and I was TIRED - so I set them out and crossed off the circles.  It was an 'advance' as far as I was concerned - and that is what I told him.  The next several stickers he received I just barely mentioned them to him and did not make a big deal about it until we got close to the next circle.   He's so stinkin smart - he always figures a way around our methods/incentives/etc.  It's not a good thing.

Those of you that have known me for a while know that I've dealt with headaches all my life.  Some days are tolerable and some are unbearable.  I have gone to many doctors over time and get the same lazy answer - tension.  They are in the back of my head/neck area and I have just been told take ibuprofen and learn to relax.  GRRRRRRRR - yes I've had stress in my life - esp. the last 5 years - but what was I stressed about when I was in elementary school????  I bit the bullet and went to a neurologist Thursday.  They looked at my MRI from 2003 and think they have the answer.  I have a funky bone behind my left ear - that has muscles/nerves attached to it - because it is bumped out it is pulling on those muscles and nerves - to make things worse I have whiplash from 26 years ago - my neck bone is straight.  They are working against eachother - makes sense.  SO - due to all the ibuprofen, Excedrine Tension/Migraine, and Fiorinol (sp?) I have taken I also get rebound headaches - therefore - I am in 'detox' this week and quitting cold turkey - UGH!!!  Today - Saturday is my first day with no drugs.  They have given me something else that will teach the muscles/nerves to chemically relax and hopefully this will all be the answer.  I honestly cannot imagine a day without dull pain and/or horrible pain - and I really cannot imagine a day without ibuprofen!!!!  I am excited to hopefully have the answer I have been needing!

No comments:

Post a Comment