Thursday, October 7, 2010

Iron Man Sam's gonna be FOUR

Okay - so I'm typing in Iron Man deep red:-)  Yes - another obsession - for several months now!!!  He wants to be IM for Halloween - I have the costume and he WILL not know that until the DAY OF Halloween!!!!!  He would wear it 24/7 and good luck having it any other way.  So, for his birthday in two days - I got an IM banner, table cover and whistle blowers.....I am also going to make him a 'little' red cake and red velvet cupcakes with yellow frosting - Iron Man enough for me since NO ONE had cake toppers!!  The family will be thrilled they didn't have b-day hats:-)

So, we've all been sick - again.  This time - Sya had been coughing for quite some time and finally took her in last Saturday (maybe I told you this) got an antibiotic blah blah blah.  Sam's been coughing - not as bad as us......I started getting a sore throat, coughing, etc. beginning of the week and the last two nights have NOT slept THIS TIME because of couging ALL night - the hard, ouchie kind of cough.  I decided to go to the doctor - called Thursday to try to get in Friday afternoon and they said they were full but had an opening in 45 minutes - YAY Don was able to come home so I could go.  Glad I did - infection and bronchitis:-(  No wonder the coughing is ssoooo bad - had to get a shot and anitbiotics/cough meds so I can hopefully sleep a little tonight.  Poor hubby had to sleep on the couch last night since he had a presentation today in Lincoln.  He's tired.  We're all tired. 

Went to pick up Sya this morning and saw her at the end of a fairly long hall way - she turned and saw me and soooo happily & joyfully was yelling "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY" all the way as the skipped and ran to me:-)  MADE my day to say the least - all the workers were smiling and laughing at how cute this was!!!  I hope every parent can experience this - she is my little dolly doo-doo's!! 

Well - removed Sam's ceiling fan tonight to put in a regular light and hang his swing.  LOVES the swing - but it is not serving it's FULL purpose YET.  Not sure it will.  Part of his 'rocking' issue I think is one of us holding him tight where a swing will not do that.  Him and Nasya are having a blast swinging eachother - that is when he is not being naughty to her for being in it.  What a temper and it takes NO time for him to do something to her before we can intervene. 

BUS - he has been GREAT getting off the bus this week, granted he has not been feeling well and missed a day of preschool.  Next week will tell.  While he was sick he figured out he did NOT have to actually get on the bus in the morning - so the next day he got ready (reluctantly) and when the bus pulled up, he ran off and REFUSED to get on.  The bus can only wait a couple minutes and then leaves.  So, daddy ended up taking him in his new work car and now we have to think of consequences for THAT if it continues.  He was fine today since they got to tour firetrucks and ambulances - he surely didn't want to miss that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment