Monday, November 8, 2010

New Day, Different Issues

Glorious fall day - supposed to be 75 degrees!!  Not for long - so we'll take it!  Well - so much for the polite little gentleman - we're back to BOSSY 'have it my way' Sam.  Here's Sam:  NO, come back up to the top of the stairs (where we get Nasya from daycare) you have to be behind me!!!!!  NOW!  I tell him 'NO' follow directions and get down here now - the battle ensues and it's obvious he's not giving in and I'm tried of people staring and I'm tired of being there ten times longer than a typical parent!!!  I go up - he leads and then he's angry because I open the door - typical, I should have known.  Then he's angry because I don't unlock his car door quick enough.  Then I take off too soon before he's 'settled' in his seat to HIS satisfaction - once again - typical, just getting impatient and beyond by now. 

His jackets/shirts have to be buttoned/zipped ALL the way EVERY time.  His pants have to hook a certain way- he won't always wear pants that button.  He talks  non stop and when I'm tired - we don't mix well.  I'm tired because HE is not sleeping well - again.  Two + weeks now.  Just got done being sick and don't want to go down that road again......not much I can do about 'rest' now that he really doesn't nap.  TRYING to get him to have 'relaxation' time each day - easier said than done. 

Well, I've ordered an X-lg hammock - the kind you can't flip out of (I hope).  I plan to hook this under his loft bed and HOPE to GOD (thanks in advance!!!) that he'll sleep in it and learn to swing/rock himself back to sleep ~ WITHOUT mommy or daddy having to wake, pick him up and carry him out to our rockers every time!!  This would be a miracle, a dream come true and absolutely fantastic!!!  My husband has another idea - similar but I'm not sure about it since he said it wouldn't swing.  This is my last idea to help our situation - if anyone reading this is an expert and can help us - PLEASE do!!

FYI - the ticket thing worked this morning - three more to go.  As with everything else - this might only work for a week or a month and then we're back to square one - so for now I am happy in the moment.  That is all I can expect.  Ciao!~

No comments:

Post a Comment