Friday, August 6, 2010

Amazing People in Our Lives.....

As I wipe tears from my eyes, (happy tears:-)), I am reminded of amazing people that God places in our lives. There are very special friends we may not see as often as we would like, but we always know how awesome they are. Well, I was definitely reminded of that this evening.

I opened my email and saw a forward. I typically delete forwards - I just don't have time, so if you send them - only send the REALLY good ones! Anyway, this friend doesn't usually send forwards so I opened it. She's a creative goddess - and she had sent a photo of what looked like a new creation of something she might sell on Etsy - a quilt of some sorts. Then I read the text. Don, who was sitting next to me, asked what was wrong. I assume he could see the tears welling up in my eyes. In a nutshell she created a quilt called "Putting all the Pieces Together" and beneath the photo is a description of Sam and his mommy (moi:-)) and what we've endured - I had told her all the pieces had come together with the diagnosis, etc. and this is what she has created. I think she is auctioning it off for Autism Speaks, I'm not quite sure. Regardless, the fact that someone would take the time and thought to create a work of art for our amazing Sam touched my heart like I have not felt in a VERY LONG time! Thank you RJB!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful little story! And how thoughtful of your friend. Thank you for writing it.

    ReplyDelete