Friday, August 6, 2010

Big Boy Pants!!!!!

YAY - big boy underwear for three days!!!! Only a few accidents. Ironically, #2 has been the easier of the two options:-) After two years of this potty struggle - I THINK it is going to finally happen. Two years ago, Sam was so excited to go potty in the toilet - this lasted about two months. Nasya joined the family and it's been a battle ever since. Yes, we once again tried everything. The 'passive' method & the 'intense' method via therapist options. Neither worked. Tried the - 'he'll do it when he's ready' method and it's taken a LONG time. He is sooooooo stubborn. He would go through a phase where he did NOT want wet pants and would change his pull-up every time he pee'd and then he'd go through a phase where he wanted to sit in wet pants. ARRRRGGGGGHHHH! It has been so frustrating. None-the-less - THREE days now and he has been soooo proud of going in the toilet.

He is at daycare this AM and demanded to wear big boy pants, so we'll see how it goes. I pick him up in 1 1/2 hours. He doesn't tell you when he has to go - so yesterday for example, I was talking with the neighbor outside and Sam was trying to get in the house, the door was locked. Well, he ended up having an accident and that was why he was trying to get in the house - wish he would have told me.... We had gone through the garage door - not the door he was trying to get in and thats why it was locked. Oh well, I still praised him for his efforts!! I don't want him to hide or be upset - actually I think he was embarrassed since he had to wisper in my ear what had happened in his pants - he did not want our neighbor to hear.....he is a good boy:-)

SO - his nickname for Nasya is now 'Cutie Bug' - which is what I call them both at times. It is soooo cute - she fell down outside yesterday and he came up to her and said - "It's okay Cutie Bug Nasya, it's okay!" He also calls me Cutie Mommy sometimes - Love My Kids!!! I actually got out of the house last night for 2 hours and when I came home - Nasya came running to me saying "MAAAAAA" and knocked me over - I LOVE going away for a while and returning to see that my beautiful kids miss me - makes it allllll worth it!

YES - a very positive blog - however, does not mean there have not been mega trials since the last time........gotta change it up once in a while:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment