Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mom, is that the Throne......

Well, after a bit of a rough day, Samuel decides to go potty twice within a 5 minute period (supposed to be in bed, go figure) and says to me, pointing - "Mom, is that the throne?" YES somewhere he heard the toilet of all places is also called the throne - porcelain throne. I hesitate ever giving more information than necessary for many reasons - primarily because it ALWAYS prompts MORE questions than you could imagine causing the conversation to be MUCH MUCH longer than I'd like!!

It is 10:20 and he is curled up in the recliner next to me - he kept coming out of his room saying 'I just can't do this....' - meaning go to sleep. So he came out again, I ignored him and he curled up and was asleep within on minute - actually cute!! I was definitely in LALA land thinking he would conk right out at 8:45 - since he did not take a nap. (He did fall asleep on me for about a half hour after a mega fit....) NOOOOOO - dog only got MAYBE 10 minutes of my attention:-(; AND 3 baskets of laundry to fold, behavior sheets to fill out for therapists to figure out 'triggers' - before I forget details, finish listing several items on ebay to pay for therapies, shower, dishes, OH AND RELAX are all the things I still have yet to do and MOST of it will not get done - AGAIN!!!!!!!! I decided to BLOG my frustrations thus taking up more time - OH well - my sanity is worth it:-)

Well, we have had a week or so of GREAT behavior overall! Yes, struggles, but not near what we've experienced in the past. TODAY however, we revered back. SO - I'm trying to find out the cycles - what causes them, weather, circumstances, etc. I want to do a better job of logging but just can't do it all. He has been pooping in the toilet for a 'solid' week now - until today. He was in the middle of an hour long meltdown and pooped in the middle of it - he sat in it for an hour NOT letting me touch him or change him. His fit was all about puting Nasya back to bed - he wanted nothing to do with her - mind you he had just woken up from his VERY brief nap and this can be typical of him when his sleep is 'off.' AN HOUR of things being thrown - yelling - kicking, throwing more, all while Nasya is finding comfort with me - only making things MUCH worse. NOT FUN. Thats how the morning was also - different circumstances -

He woke before me - I heard footsteps and then the toilet lid crash down. I thought YAY he did it on is own FIRST tHING in the morning!!! WOA was I wrong. I came out - he had no pants on and was sitting on his bed - he yelled for me to get him - so I went in. THEN he yelled for me to go away - to the front room. Yeah - never know sometimes! So - I ignored him as he kept telling me to go away - I eventually got out of him that he did NOT go in the toilet - so I immediately ran into the bathroom - What I witnessed led me to believe that he had a um......
stiff problem with mechanics - causing him to not be able to aim very well. So - I spent the next 10- minutes cleaning the toilet, floor and wall.

Well - so much more to write - went to Hastings today (LOVES Kari his OT); was a rough day for Nasya - in a nutshell they played a lot; he was too rough with her; he gets very frustrated way to easily and quickly - and she always gets the brunt of it!! There you have it - and now I'm going to go tuck in my Hunky and kiss him night-night:-) He's a good boy...
n

3 comments:

  1. I am really just getting into more of Grant's behaviors from the book. I know she has to give the background story so it is keeping my attention. Well if it is any consulation prize when your talking about the throne....Hudson this morning had a nasty poopy diaper I changed and he told me "no," when I wanted to put on a clean diaper and he went behind his school bus in his room while I was in the kitchen taking care of the nasty diaper and poopy clothes...left me a present of runny poo and looked at it and said ewww! Thank the Lord my gag reflex did not kick in.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EW so sorry!! Remember - Grant is one case - each kid is so different - but I am so glad you are taking the time to try and understand - it means a lot Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete