Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Clarifications & MORE:-)

I'm playing around with the fonts to see what I like best. I should be napping while the babes are nappinig since Sam didn't let me go to bed until 2:00AM last night (this morning....obviously daddy was gone) but I decided to write a bit. Well, the doctor is testing for strep in both kids in the mean time they have been given meds. Hopefully we'll all be well soon. I know that the 'not feeling well' has contributed to his behaviors. I SURE hope they subside somewhat when he is feeling better. I braved the doctors office with BOTH kids by myself today - NOT usually something I do because of Sam and his outbursts and unrestrained energy AND unpredictable behavior. It wasn't bad - of course they were running about 30 min. late - NEVER a good thing for anyone - but for us REALLY never a good thing. I had all of my ammo - foods; games; drinks; etc. He only had one fit in the waiting area - because I wouldn't go out to the car to get his John Deere to show 'Brandon' in the waiting room. A kid that he immediately latched on to because his shirt was green - CALGON TAKE ME AWAY :-)!! Thankfully the mom and her kids were wonderful!! Over and over he kept asking me his name and wanted me to go over there with him to talk to him. So I did and all was fine. Nasya was just flirting with the older boy who was wonderful with her - most older (middle school) boys wouldn't interact with a toddler as well as he did! They were actually the lifesaver of the 'wait'.

In my first post, I didn't really go into full detail with the morning and after nap episodes - the whole time I am rocking/or daddy is rocking Sam (he usually wants me, probably because I AM his daily routine until weekends) he is usually kicking and yelling saying 'faster FASTER FASTER' so I show him - slow, medium and then fast. Quiets him for a second and then it begins again. Once in a great while he will calm and just let you rock - NOT very often. I am usually trying to get his mind off of it - IE: asking if he wants his chocolate drink; a certain cartoon; orange crackers, etc. Until something works. He is sooooo random - you never know what is going to work or not.

Now to his eating: for a couple years now it has only been PBJ, orange crackers (used to be fishy's - NOT anymore!!), yogurt/yogury drinks, cheese slices, a nutrutious chocolate drink so he gets a little more nourishment and anything with sugar. REALLY want this to change. I am hoping that school will help - his teacher Ms. Anela is GREAT!!! She even wants to come to the house to work with him and see how he is in his own environment - WHAT daycare/school teacher wants to do that!!??? I am grateful!! Anyway - she gets him to lick new things, and by watching the others say 'YUM' or whatever, sometimes gets him to take a bite. If we can get anyone surrounding him to do this - we MIGHT get somewhere. This is typical of Asperger's kids. For him, taste and smell are HUGE issues. After taking a bite of chocolate one night and then going to kiss him, he said "Yuck, whats that smell in your mouth?" I said it was just chocolate!! He gags often if you have him throw something away in the trash - he can't stand the smell. Etc.

OK - well I am going to go do 'nothing' (yeah right!) for maybe a half hour - nice chatting with myself:-) Until later.....AND do remember - God will never give you more than you can handle - I am not being sarcastic.....

No comments:

Post a Comment