Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On a positive note......I had heard of a place in Hastings called Wholistic Therapy. I looked up their website and didn't really see what I thought would pertain to our Samuel - regarding sensory issues, etc. Sensory issues are what we are desperately needing help with at this time and haven't gotten any from our sources so far - I think figuring some of this out will help with much of his aggression, frustrations, etc. Regardless, I decided to call today to see if they did bio-feedback (possibly a future blog...) and long story short - they do sensory therapy AND squeezed us in TOMORROW at 9:00AM!! ABOUT TIME!

K - now to the reality lately - not good to say the least. The exhausting rocking fits have continued - actually they began today at 4:30AM! Fun times here in Andersonland. After rocking and battling, mommy wasn't good enough and he was yelling for daddy. So daddy got out of bed and took over and back to mommy after about 2 minutes. I finally got him back in bed and he woke around 8:15 very unhappy. He was soaked (still not fully potty trained.....he knows exactly what to do and simply does it on his own terms. There are days he goes all day in the toilet and more days where he wants to have soaked pants...whatever) and did NOT want me to change him. I was not about to rock him and get pee all over me so I fought him and battled the kicking and yelling and finally got him changed. He had school today and we were late as usual - 9:15. The reward: when I pick him up he is so happy and always says a few times "Mom, I'm so glad you're here! I love you mom."

Again on a positive note, he woke quite nicely from his nap, came out on his own, and said 'Hi mommy, I'm done with my nap now' we rocked a bit and all was fine. I think I dodged a fit by telling him he could have a frozen fudge bar:-) Hey, whatever it takes sometimes! My Nasya woke and we muddled through the rest of the day. She takes the brunt of a lot of Sam's frustrations. We are really working on understanding his thought process's so we can better diffuse situations. Needless to say, today he was a little difficult to get along with but we survived.

Ok - as promised the story of Sam's conversation at the park. I, unfortunately was not there, mommy was getting some groceries and daddy took the kids to play. I received a text telling me that Sam was talking to a guy that didn't speak English. I immediately started laughing out loud at Wal-mart. Come to find out, Sam kept talking to this guy and wanted to play with his daughter (whom also did not speak English) and he was getting angry with daddy because the guy would not tell him his name. (Sam is so polite and cute, he always says to people 'I'm Samuel, what's your name?':-))) Anyway, I guess the guy was nice and trying to understand but Sam of course does not read social 'cues' he is simply black and white with his understanding. I guess all ended well.

Time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Tell me how the appointment went. I hope they have some great stuff for Samuel and stuff that will help you out at home with dealing with his sensory issues. It looks like your week had a rocky start. I hope the end of the week gets better for you. I prayed tonight for you. Love to you and the kids and Don. My worst day which I can only count on one hand is not anything compared to what you go through on a daily basis. Wow, you are a strong woman!!!!!

    ReplyDelete