Friday, July 23, 2010

Asperger’s Syndrome difficult to deal with > The Independent > Opinions > Another Opinion

Hello - below you will find a link to an article that was published on The Independent's website. YAY. Simply want to get the word out regarding Autism Spectrum Disorder and Asperger Syndrome. The article had to be 700-800 words - I started with 1350!! So this is quite watered down! So much info was left that I REALLY wanted to put in, will do at a later time via blog, not at this unGodly hour.

So, now you're wondering why I am typing again at 4:00AM in the morning??!! I just had a 'delightful' (read with sarcasm) hour with the children. Started with Sya crying and hoping she would fall back a asleep - NOOOOOO - Sam had to chime in and start is loud crying/fit for .......didn't know at first because I could not understand him! SO - while I am attending to him, Nasya is getting worse and crying louder - of course! I am with Sam for quite some time trying to get him to calm down......I made him 'chocolate drink' which is a nutritious drink we give him a couple times a day to make up for what he lacks. THAT did not work. Of course all the while he is still having a fit. Crying yelling for daddy, thrashing on his bed, etc. He wanted to rock, so fine I gave in and then took him back, he started all over again. This whole time Nasya is STILL crying, borderline screaming now. Told him to pray for daddy to get home safe and I'd be back in to check on him. Went in to Sya, changed her and started to rock and calm her. Sam, I can her him getting closer to her door with his loud cries and pleas, so I put her in her bed, screaming! THIS went on for 45 minutes - OH JOY! Back and forth, back and forth! Finally I got Sam tucked in and calm, then back to Nasya. By the end of these episodes, any type of relaxation and peace I had sleeping (for a couple hours anyway) are long gone! So I share my joyous adventure with you. Good Night, Again! Enjoy the article - any feedback is welcome!

Asperger’s Syndrome difficult to deal with > The Independent > Opinions > Another Opinion

2 comments:

  1. Brandi-

    Your article was amazing to read. I love reading your blog too. It helps me see what your day to day is with Samuel and Sya. You are a gifted writer, so amazing. People judge so harshly before they even know or want to know. When I start to judge at all, I stop and ask God to rid me of myself and open my eyes to things I can't see. I get the book on Wednesday at the library. I am very excited to dig into it right away. The library has it on hold. I asked for it over a month ago. Prayers for sleep your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want a good reference that REALLY digs deep into WHAT Asperger's is or can be - the library might have it as a reference OR as a general book - "The Oasis Guide to Asperger Syndrome" by Bashe and Kirby.....FYI. Thanks for caring:-) Heard it's a hot one in Seattle today!!??

    ReplyDelete