Sunday, July 4, 2010

Long Time, No Blog:-)

Don't even know when I wrote last.......time REALLY flies around here! First off, I do realize I started this for my own sanity - however, I feel like a loser with only TWO followers:-) I know many more of you read it - don't be shy and be a follower if you wish - I'd LOVE to know who is supporting and keeping up with my beautiful family!! Or you may remain shy and please email me with your thoughts or whatever you wish:-)

OK - adventures around here never cease to exist. We intended to go to Kearney for Saturday & Sunday of this holiday weekend, and we did. Well, sort of. We went to Kearney and stayed at the Holiday Inn yesterday, ate, unpacked, changed into swim suits and enjoyed the mini-waterpark in the hotel. Went to the room, changed, rented a kiddo movie and Sya needed to go to sleep so Don took Sam out to the lawn (our room was on the side of the events center, so we could see the fireworks from our room) well, too loud for Sya to even remotely be interested in sleep! I gave up and took her to the window to "Oooooh and Ahhhh" at the beauty and saw daddy and Sam heading back up - needless to say, daddy did NOT look thrilled. Come to find out Sam could have cared less about the huge fireworks and instead just wanted to throw sand - anywhere and everywhere. (There is a sand volleyball court in the lawn) They get back to the room and Sam realizes this is where we are going to sleep. Thats when the fun REALLY ended. If we didn't calm him and reassure him 'now' it was going to get very ugly. Ugly is one thing in our home - where we can make/help him deal with things. Ugly in a hotel is a whole other story!! So, once we realized there was no negotiating, no talking him into it, no ANYTHING, I started packing and getting the kids loaded. We were home by 11:30 pm. Good thing the room was almost free with Don's points from traveling so much with work!! I think if Sam had taken a nap that day he would have been in a MUCH better frame of mind. Who knows. Don and I were both thrilled we decided not to go to Omaha!!!

Sam is really responding to the 'First, Then' chart. If there is something he needs to do but is refusing, I will use the visual chart for example - tonight he did not want to do his 'brush massage' actually refused - (a method that is used for kids/people with a certain sensory issue) but wanted his orange juice. So, I drew on his chart - 'First' - the brush; and 'Then' - his juice. And he totally cooperated - this time anyway:-)

So cute, Sam and Nasya were wrestling and kissing and laughing so much tonight - Sya loves her brother soooo much!! Just the way she looks at him and HAS to do everything he does. She is in the 'big girl' swing on the swing set - no more baby swing 'cause her brother doesn't use it! That's just one example. She wears his shoes allllllll the time in the house - and he doesn't get mad at her surprisingly. I digress.....but we do have such cute babies!! We adore them and love them so much - but Don did ask today if there was a camp we could send Sam to - he was just joking. But it gets to that point once in a while!

Well, enough for tonight. I am tired and have a headache. I must add Don was great - he let me go back to bed this morning:-) It is always nice when I can do that! I'm still tired - it will take quite a while for me to recoup the last four years - just hope it happens sooner than later.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I thank God for all of the wonderful friends and family - Happy 4th of July everyone.....

No comments:

Post a Comment