Saturday, July 31, 2010

The River......

Happy weekend......my hubby has been gone pretty much since Wednesday AM! After the GI Games, he is finally home as of late Sat. afternoon. The kids and I hung out this afternoon while CR, RR & GR came to visit. Sya took a nap, Sam decided he had better things to do. After a mega meltdown - due to the fact we needed to change his pants BEFORE he got his little water bottle - 40 minutes later a nap was pointless. He was throwing things and fighting me and finally I needed CarCars advice! She intervened and basically helped me to stay firm and let me know I was doing the right things. She also suggested I have a 'little' extra 'treat' (NOT in sight since we don't want to bribe) but when he does calm down and follow instructions, we affirm the good behavior.

A while later, right before they were going to leave, fit number two began. He was just being out right defiant and naughty. I put him in timeout and he, for the first time, sassed back and kept getting out of TO - so I kept puting him back until company was gone. The fit continued and he went as far as making himself puke to get my attention. It is not uncommon for him to gag himself - he has always done this for some reason. Honestly, I'd tell you what happened next but I'm so tired I don't remember!!

Don mentioned going to the river so we did. We took Rockefeller PW (our very good dog) and had a GREAT time! Sya LOVES water!! She has no fear of it and that's not always a good thing! She's fortunately a natural. Sam - was funny, he stood on the edge and was a little reluctant to go in. He kept saying the current was fast and was hesitant. He then decided a while later that he would go in himself and refused to wear his life vest. Once in - we found some muddy spots and he refused to get 'dirty.' Don went over there and covered himself in mud - the rest is history:-) We had a bit of a scare - Don was busy being silly with Sam and I glanced over and Sya had lost her footing and started struggling in the current - I didn't waste a second and dove in after her - all was good.

Rocky was such a good doggie - he stayed with us and LOVED the water and chasing the ball. I really worried that he would run after a bird or whatever and get lost - he did not. He really needed to get out - with Don gone so much this past week and the heat - he needed a big break.

OH - FYI Sam was talking about wanting to be Spiderman and Ironman for Halloween. I asked him what about John Deere Guy from last year? He said he was DONE with John Deere Guy - so I asked if I could take all his JD's to Goodwill? He said NO WAY - I'm just done with John Deere Guy!!! Everything he gets to pick out is still green - clothes, pencils, blankets, etc. The obsession continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment