Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sleep, Sleep, Where Art Thou Sleep?????????

Well, our lovely daughter has decided to also not sleep. We have been up hours at a time with her the last five nights. I think she is getting her two year molars, however my husband thinks she might be wanting a night light in her room. I put one in today and we shall see!! Once again, I NEED SLEEP!!!!! I am sooooo lacking, I struggle so much getting through a day. I then add guilt on top of that because I feel like I am not giving my kids (I know I'm not) what I want to give them - as far as attention and a lot more interaction. Now, Big Daddy is gone tomorrow afternoon through Thursday! The nights had better improve or I'm in BIG trouble!!

We are really working on getting Sam to understand he is NOT to 'parent' Nasya. Whenever he sees her doing something she shouldn't, he repeatedly hits her and knocks her down or does something that results in her getting hurt. He goes straight to time-out while I take care of dolly-doo-doos and comfort her. I take her to Sam and have him sincerely apologize to her and ask him why he hit her (primarily to find out his thinking since we are STILL figuring things out and probably always will be!). He always says its because she was doing something she shouldn't (only he describes in GREAT detail!) and we are trying to get him to understand that he needs to tell US and NOT do anything himself. He is not the one in charge and he seems to think he always needs to take matters in his own hands. I almost always see it coming, unfortunately I am usually not close enough to stop it! Very frustrating and I really feel for my baby girl!! Don't worry, she gets ToNS of kisses and lots of tickle time:-).

Update....not doing so great on trying to be PHAT, still fat. Lack of sleep, just plain down and out on life. Nothing I can really do about it unless I find a fantastic nanny for free to take over my nights so I can SLEEP. SLEEP SLEEP SLEEEP I need more - and I know that if I were to get quality sleep the rest would fall into place soooooo much easier! I don't think clearly, I drag through the day, I'm not the happy person I used to be, I don't have the motivation I used to. SO, for all you prayer warriors out there - I NEED SLEEP!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying Brandi! I so understand this from my past experience when my sister showed up with her 4 in my one-bedroom apartment! Very little sleep and days felt like being in an alternate universe. Yes, sleep is what you need for so many reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for sleep. Bailey has been sick this last weekend so not much sleep here either. I hope the night light helped. Bailey sleeps with 3 lights on, yes...3. Her night light by her bed, her chandlier hanging off of her bunkbed, and the fish tank light. Whatever works you do as a parent so you can sleep. She has always been a good sleeper once she goes to sleep. We still have to sit or hold her hand with her to get her to sleep on some nights. I will pray for sleep for you. You changed the background. Like it. Your birthday is soon approaching, well you know me my present will be late. My girlfriend is finishing it up and then I will send tomorrow hopefully. Enjoy your week. Love to you sister. H

    ReplyDelete