Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pre-School time.....

This morning started off pretty well. Sam woke me up thank goodness, since I fell back asleep after my alarm!! We had to hurry and get ready to make it to pre-school orientation on time. Oh and drop off Nasya at Grandma's before. All was peachy - I had gotten myself ready, Sya awake and ready and told Sam in the mean time to get himself dressed. I kept peeking out to see if he had done this yet - of course not - so I kept reminding him. Everything else was ready except for him and we needed to be out the door - NOW! So I went in the living room with his clothes, attempted to lay him down to do so and the fit began. I had to sit on him getting hit and kicked at in the meantime - got his pants on only to have him get up and run away yelling - and taking off his pants - unders and all! So - I started taking away his favorite toys of the day so far as well as other favorites and puting them in the closet one by one. Don't like to go the negative route but didn't have time to play the 'nice' calm games to get him to relax. He finally gave in and kept yelling for me to 'come here and dress me' - whatever. Needless to say we got out the door and were only a minute late.

Orientation was good. Sam really charmed the ladies!! Not joking. He did very well - mommy filled out a bunch of paperwork and he got to play and get checked out - eyes, ears, etc. He met his teacher and saw his classroom. Classes start August 24th. PRAY that we can get his sleep situation under some control and the mornings going MUCH more smooth that usual - we plan on getting 'picture schedules' lined up to get him going in the AM - HOPE it works! We're going to try the bus and hope that peaks his interest and gives him incentive to get out the door. Might backfire - we shall see. EARLY mornings - 7:50 is when they expect these little ones to start the school day - ARGH!

Sya took a short nap today and Sam - NONE. SO - I purposely got all the animals taken care of tonight - cats fed/dog fed & exercised a bit - AND had both kids in bed all by: DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......8:55!!!!!!! PM!!!!!! So - I got caught up on emails, talked to my husband, did dishes, did toe nails, at a little ice cream, and now I'm blogging then taking a HOTTTTT shower and bed! (did you enjoy that run-on sentence????)

Off to Horse Therapy & Bio-feedback in Hastings in the AM. Maybe someday I'll post pictures. Wouldn't that be nice?

3 comments:

  1. This is not Justin....its me. I guess it will show Justin's name because he is the one signed into a google account. I suppose I need to sign myself up with an account. Tell me more about the bio-feedback. What does it entail, how do you feel about it, do you see any progress? Sounds like you are rocking and rolling with what needs to be done to get help-----yea for you!! So, when are you guys moving out here? And keep asking/checking into how you guys can get some financial help with all of this therapy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a morning. I am glad you were only a minute late. You find the positives even when it is so difficult. You Rock Brandi as Sam and Nasaya's mommy!!!! I like the picture idea for things they need to have done is that what you are talking about? I have to not let Bailey watch tv in the mornings again I think because she will not pull herself away and I feel like I nag at her a lot lately. Summer is more lazy, but I have been too laxed. Bailey has VBS next week so that will give her something to do. She told me one day she was bored. I guess I am boring or the things she is doing are boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI ladies - the biofeedback - still waiting. She says it takes at least 10 sessions before you really see results - we've only had four or so. Will let you know.

    The pictures - yes we do a picture schedule but I only do AM, afternoon and PM. I've been told doing 'mini-picture schedules' or a pic sched for each activity - going to bed; getting ready; etc. WOW - that would be intense - I think we will incorporate that for certain things only. Miss all of you:-)
    AND yes - as far as $$ am going to look into help with Respite - not sure where to go but going to email the lady here who is in charge of the support group. We did get a $125 scholarship through Autism Society - that could technically be put towards respite, sensory items (swing, rocker, etc.) - anything is helpful.

    ReplyDelete