Thursday, September 23, 2010

Frisbee and God

I mentioned in an earlier blog about Sam's progress with pretending.  One thing I forgot to mention was the lack of fully understanding 'pretend'.  He has been obsessed with Iron Man - wearing his rainboots, underwear, t-shirt and gloves - VERY manly!!  Much of the time we have to call him Iron Man or he gets frustrated - anyway, when he is pretending to be IM he is full-on with punches, stomping and being rough with us and his sister.  That is one example - not realizing that pretend means just that - you do NOT actually do the hurtful things, etc.

Nasya, Sam and I were tossing the frisbee a couple nights ago - it was GREAT!!   For most of Sams young life - he would not reciprocate playing catch, kickball, frisbee, etc.  He would take off and run with whatever the object was and usually want you to chase him.  NOW - he gets it every now and then!!  We played with the frisbee for quite a while - now he just blames everything on the other person - even when he's throwing into the street - oh well, there will never be perfection:-). 

GOD:  Our lovely and thoughtful neighbor offered to watch the kids for a bit tonight while I got out (to get groceries:-)) - she had never watched the kids before so I was planning on a quick trip - she told me to enjoy and NOT rush.  So I get to dreaded Wallyworld and start trudging through the aisles.  I'm 2/3 of the way done and I see a wonderful young lady that I hadn't talked to in a long time - she had just sent us an unexpected card yesterday - UMMMM a God thing??  Yes.  I needed that - and I/we definitely need MORE God!!  There are plans for us.....

So - I get home at 8:15 - and am in tears by 9:15.  WOW - bed time was ROUGH.  Poor Nasya - she really has learned how to live with/deal with Sam much of the time.  It was all ready past her bed time and Sam was insisting that HE go to bed first but wanted to rock-a-bye.  So - I attempted to rock both of them and kept trying to take him to bed.  He kept yelling - "I didn't say it's time!" or "NO, one more time, one more time."  I cannot put into words the intensity of these situations we have!!  Sya was so tired she needed to go to bed - but when I tried to take Sam to bed - he'd kick, scream, bawl, throw shoes, toys, etc.  Sya would run back to the living room and crawl up on the couch and cover up with my blanket.  This happened three times - I'd just look at Sya and cry as Sam was having his meltdown behind us.  She is such a sweet dolly - and always has to WAIT and tolerate.  It's not fair.  It's almost like she knew she had to wait until her brother chilled out and then she could have her turn with mommy.  So Sam ended up sitting in daddy's chair crying while I put Sya to bed.  I came out and in a complete nutshell - we gave kisses and made up.  It is soooooo frustrating that he does not comprehend OTHER peoples needs/feelings/hurts/etc.  We constantly have to verbalize and describe these things to him......but when he is near 'meltdown' mode there is NO getting through. 

Off to more adventures......night.

No comments:

Post a Comment