Monday, September 20, 2010

My weiner wants to rock-a-bye!!!!

Even though my head is pounding and I need to go to bed - I'll write about my babies first:-)  Yeah - so Sam wants to 'rock-a-bye' and I have to go to the bathroom.  He follows me whining and crying and holding his weiner.   So I ask him if he has to go to the bathroom??  NOOOOO I don't have to go!  I asked why he was holding his weiner then??  He said, "Because my weiner wants to rock-a-bye NOW" - really?  He's said sily things like this a couple times this past week (seriously not silly to him - dead serious!!) and I've wanted to say that his weiner can't talk, but I haven't knowing that a mega fit is around the corner.  Tonight I asked - he said, ""MOOOM, it's just pretend.  Rock-a-bye NOOOOOWW!"

Speaking of pretending - nine months ago Sam was sooo literal.  He still is to an extent but he is able to 'pretend' much more than ever.  Nine months ago, a therapist was trying to put a cow in a bathtub and he refused to have the cow in the tub because cow's don't take baths.  This went on for weeks.  That is the mind of an Aperger's individual.  They have to learn to pretend and think outside of the box.  NOW - on his terms of course - he is able to come up with some crazy silly things.  It is still difficult at times - sometimes he is okay being called a nickname and sometimes he is not and will yell "I'M NOT ******** I'm Samuel/or I'm Just a boy!!"  Depends on the day or the hour:-)  Anyway - all this to say he is able to play 'pirate ship' in his outdoor fort, etc.  It is a lot of fun - THANKS to all the people that have been a positive influence in his life and in working with him:-)  PROGRESS!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment