Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Okay, I'll Let You Do That"

Well, as much as we've been stressed with our little man - he NEVER ceases to amaze us with what comes out of his mouth!  Yesterday we were talking and he was telling me something and says "Understand?"  "Mom, do you understand?"  I just looked at him and shook my head and of course said yes.  Then, as usual we are, I should say HE is making a deal.  He was trying to tell me he could have his Juicy Drop Pop (some ridiculously expensive sucker) BEFORE he had lunch and before he got a sticker on a 'circle' (a reward system).  I would then say, "First, you have lunch, THEN you can have your treat."  Back and forth, back and forth this went until he finally says, "Okay, I'll let you do that."  "Oh you will?" I say.  "Yeah mom, I will let you do that."  Well, glad that was settled.

STATE FAIR yesterday:  Can we say SENSORY overload???!!!!  There was no getting through to him or literally getting him to calm down and listen.  Made for a very difficult time - don't get me wrong, overall we had a GREAT time considering.  However, we did get a lot of stares. First it was the Ferris Wheel - that is ALL he could say - forget any other plans we had initially - we knew we needed to get this out of the way or we were leaving!  Then it was the combines, then the camels ($5 PER person) and then it was HOT DOG and Lemonade!!!!!  And on and on and on......I should add, the issue is NOT only his way or the 'highway' (Patrick Swayze...may he rest in peace) mega meltdown time the issue is he is LOUD the whole time - guess what?  There isn't an 'indoor' voice at the fair!!!

 I don't care about the stares, much of the time people are amused but not when they are trying to sit and have a nice meal.  He was yelling for a bun over and over and over - in a building that is very echoey and full of a lot of people.  A bun is an easy thing, right?  Not when the line is a half-mile long and probably $5 just for the bun!!   Things only got worse and so we left as quickly as we could - Sya screaming the WHOLE way to the car with Sam and Daddy following.  Good times.

Today - "Mom, you've got a situation here."  I repeated what I thought I heard.....he says, "Yeah, you're not cooperating with me!"  He wanted me to put Nasya down so he could continue chasing her.  I had just picked her up because she wanted to be saved.....now I'M not cooperating!!!  OH and I've also created the situation......once again, glad we got that settled.  It's fun having two BIG boss's and one LITTLE BIG boss in the house - hmmmmm, wonder what our future holds??

1 comment:

  1. He is a smart cookie!!! I know you already know that. That is right, no indoor voices at the fair no worries. I am glad you did not care if you got stares. He seemed to be having a good time. You could have shouted back in the midst of people,"so he likes buns." Funny boy. They sure pick up on everything and some from us adults.

    ReplyDelete