Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Title-Crappy Sleep-CORN DOGS!!!!!

Well, for my faithful readers, you can see I'm playing around with my title.  I guess if there is someone out there looking for a blog regarding living/parenting with Asperger's - I want a title to get their attention.  If you have any ideas - do tell:-)

Sleep once again has not been great to say the least.  There was about a few week span where it wasn't too bad - and then - wah-lah!  Sya, now in her toddler bed, has decided that she wants to continually rock and not every go to bed.  So - we are working on that AND Sam has been waking in the middle of the night again because he wants to rock.  HELP!  Hopefully it is due to schedule changes and will subside.  I've all ready gotten an email from Sam's preschool teacher telling me he wants to sleep in circle time and says he's tired.  So - I informed her that Aspie's typically have sleep issues and he is no exception.   We're working on it...as parents there is only so much we can do - we get him to bed on time - doesn't mean he stays there OR stays a sleep. 

FIRST DAY OF PRE-School:  I am going backwards here but I must tell......He was excited -we had been studying the bus picture schedule and he couldn't wait!  THIS is what we were hoping for - and it has not subsided!!  The bus pulls up (the driver is a very ZESTY 90 some year old man - kidding but he IS old, scares me a bit) welcomes Sam aboard and buckles him in.  I was doing fine - and then the bus drove off.......I cried.  I'm getting choked up now, yes, we talked about how I needed the time and HE needed the structure, but that doesn't change the fact that our boy is getting bigger and more independent.  I love my kids!  Sya has enjoyed NOT being chased and annoyed and I have enjoyed NOT having to break up fights and protect Sya:-)  It is cute to say the least - when Sam gets home - they are both so excited to see eachother!!  Sam will say, "HI Cutie Bug Nasya!"  And of course she smiles and runs or goes after him.......

CORN DOGS - Sam has eaten mini corndogs (two) and a big corn dog at the fair - mostly the bread but a few bites of the hot dog itself is HUGE!!!!!!!  I am sooooo excited for this you have NOOOOOOO idea!!!!!!!  I could count on one hand the number of times he has eaten any type of meat since he was born.  I chalk it up to the texture - which is why we've ALWAYS has issues with him and food and gagging.  PROGRESS!  Maybe by the end of the year we'll have a 5 item 'meal' menu!  WOW.....

No comments:

Post a Comment