Thursday, September 30, 2010

Can we say...Sleep Deprived once again!!

Well - once again I should be in bed since I'm so behind in sleep but I haven't blogged in a LONG time!  Sam is again waking several times in the night to be rocked AND telling us he is not going back to bed - yeah RIGHT!!  Ultimatums do not work for this kid - we are constantly thinking of ways to convince him he NEEDS to go to bed.  We usually 'use' his pediatrician as a crutch - telling him 'Dr. ***' says he needs to go to bed so he will wake up healthy; or he needs to go to sleep so he can be a smart Engineer for John Deere; etc.  But we have to get past the yelling demands of 'Stop talking!!  Don't talk!!  Be quiet!!!!' during the rocking before we can 'convince.'   

Got his swing today - but haven't done anything with it yet - going to need daddy to help put it up somewhere.  TBD.

I usually end up eating my 'breakfast' at 3:00AM since I probably won't get to eat in the 'morning' until 9 or after....I'm usually starving while rocking kids/getting them ready/and dealing with Sam's 'demands' in the early hours.

SO incredibly frustrated for so many sleepless reasons -
1)The weather is soooo difficult to enjoy when you are dragging and out of it!  Had a major headache - for weeks - finally subsided somewhat today and then the lower right back REALLY hurts....talk about the BEST you can be as a mom and wife! 
2)I have had sooo many plans/agenda's/lists I've wanted to get accomplished - sooooooo not possible when I am dragging and miserable and just trying to make it through the day 'successfully' with the kiddos!! 
3)NOT able to be the MOMMY and WIFEY I desire to be - I feel so behind and unsuccessful just because I am NOT in control of how much sleep I get - sooooo frustrating.  I know I shouldn't dwell on it - but it is impossible!

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE:  yesterday (Wednesday) Nasya kept saying 'pawhy, pawhy, pawhy' - potty!!  SO - in a cute little nutshell - she has pottied three times in the last 24 hours in the froggy potty!!!!!  I asked her if she was going to be potty trained by Christmas - she told me YES!!  I'll believe it when I see it.  After Sam's training TWO-YEAR episode - I don't get my hopes up.  None-the-less - YAYAYAYAYAY - she is getting sooo big!!!

One more thing - they are playing together sooooo well - yes still episodes but MUCH better than before - YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment