Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Let's Practice That!"

So - yesterday during his rant/fit/tantrum after coming home from school - Sam uses our own 'ways' against me.  He was calling names left and right and I was of course telling him to stop using those words; telling them how they make me feel; nicely grabbing his arm to get his attention......and in the midst of this he looks at me and yells for me to stop touching him when he says bad words and stop telling him to say those words and then he says......"Now lets practice that - (he looks right in my eyes and says very deliberately) MORON".......I stood there in complete disbelief at what I was witnessing.  Actually quite speechless but I had to pull it together very quickly.  AS THE PARENT - I told him to stop using the words, pointed at him and told him I will not talk to him until he decided to use calm, nice words.   He yells at me again that I was not 'practicing' what he wanted me to do .....ugh.  Just thought you might find this amusing.......

Today - he was complaining that he could not get some pieces out of a game he was puting together so I told him I would help.  He hands it to me, leans back and says "knock yourself out!"  WHAT???  Well- he got this phrase from "Astro Boy" - it just always amazes me how appropriately he knows how to use such phrases. 

A small meltdown in the bath - daddy decided to dump the water on his head quickly to get the shampoo off without waiting for Sam to cover his face and that was a BIG mistake.  Sam has to have his face covered or he freaks - just like tonight.  He actually started bawling and had to be calmed down. 

Lately he is obsessed with getting kids meals - we neeeeeed to nip this problem NOW!  He only wants the toys and the obsession is getting all of the ones in the 'collection' - on top of this just simply being a bad habit - he does NOT eat the meat.  He has been asking questions about specifics on where the meat comes from, etc.  I told him he had to eat one chicken nugget or he wouldn't get any more meals - I watched him attempt this and he would only eat the edges of the breading - he told me he wouldn't eat the chicken.  He simply can't do it.  Not sure what the future of food holds for this little man.  Time for mommy to go to bed - I'm TIRED!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment