Sunday, February 20, 2011

This is a First

I'm actually writing this towards the end of an episode - and the only way I can do this is because my teammate is here rocking Sam like crazy - with no underwear on - SAM has no underwear on that is....
He woke up out of sorts (he will wake and yell for one of us and we can tell he doesn't know what he's doing) Don went to go get him - asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom - he said no.  After rocking a bit - daddy went to put him to bed in his floor bed - BIG MISTAKE - little did daddy know Sam wanted to sleep in his hammock - which is where he was to begin with.  All heck broke loose.....we can tell when he is in a fit and needs to go to the bathroom - this does not usually turn out great.  Low and behold he peed all over the bathroom floor yelling and screaming and running out to the living room  - I went in to clean only to hear Sam yelling for me.  I go to the living room - and there he is refusing to put on underwear.  He is behind the couch (where ammo, I mean toys are) yelling for us to shut-up; morons; idiots; shut it; etc. etc. 

He wanted me to rock him - I told him if he put his underwear on I would gladly rock him.  The yelling continues, the name calling continues, the throwing continues......Don holds him down and tells me to put his uw on - I told him it is a waste of time as he will rip them off anyway.  YEP - that's what happened.  The battle continues - I tell Don to be CALM and not yell/tell him to 'stop it!'  I just sat on the floor with a drawing of underwear = rocking.  In a nutshell - Don is now rocking him w/o underwear and he is bawling and hardly able to breathe and saying he is so tired (I'm now crying because I can't help but think all this is because of when he was born he could not keep up his oxygen on his own - the Dr. took him away from the nurses so I could hold my newborn and they yelled at him saying he couldn't keep up the O2 - those few short moments as his mother held him may have been crucial.......)  Anyway - we can't look back - we can only help Sam and pray. 

Sam has just stood up and crying - asked why daddy didn't put his underwear on him in the first place - the underwear are now on........they are rocking again. 

Earlier this evening - Sam was upset - at what, I forget.  I just know that I was in my chair - Don was in his chair and Sam on my lap - I was not letting him have his way and in the midst of all his yelling he calls me a 'Drama Queen' - I look over to see Don laughing.....good night - my turn to rock......

No comments:

Post a Comment