Friday, February 18, 2011

Spitting Mad!!!

Wow - all I can say is I'm glad it's Friday, I'm glad daddy's home, I'm glad Sam is sleeping:-)  It has been a very very difficult week.  Soooooo incredibly negative.....soooo incredibly explosive.......such negative words that hurt and take a toll on us........and now we add during his meltdowns/yelling/hitting/throwing and spitting - and spitting and more spitting.  GREAT!!!  More on that later....

Wednesday, Sam got off the bus and was ok until we got to the front step and he once again asked for a Happy Meal - I said no as usual and the feud began.  Thrashing/angry yelling, refusing to go in, yellling for me to talk to him and of course I cannot because he is yelling nonstop.....I finally physically picked him up and forced him in the house (meanwhile Sya is crying in the bay window) - I put him down on the floor and went into the kitchen to get something, come back out (15 sec. later!) and he is out the door and half way down the street.  So - now I have a crying confused two year old and an angry frustrated boy running down the street.  I take off out the door - (hoping to God the keys are in my pocket since Sya is notorious for locking us out during these times) and trying to catch up with Sam.  I do and carry him back to the front steps - he yells/screams to talk on the steps NOT in the house - so I crunch down to his level and let him calm down.  Again - the Happy Meal......ugh - I tell him if he gets a smiley face in Pre-school 'tomorrow' we will get one after we pick up Sya.  GRRRRR we have to stop this - so we don't keep going through such fits. 

Yesterday - we went out to the farm - the day was awful/headache inducing - until we got to grandma's.  We had a good time - for the most part.  Sam was getting frustrated thinking grandma was ingnoring him when really - her hearing if really getting bad!!  I tried to explain that to him - to no avail.  I just translated everything and it worked much of the time.  Grandma just kept talking about this and that and at the same time Sam is yelling for this and that.  Argh - Calgon take me away!!!!!!!

So - on the way home - Sam was being naughty to Nasya.  She was a bit crabby and Sm did not want her making any noise.  I witnessed him pinch/grab her harm very had and of course she cried.  I told him I was going to take a car away when we got home - EXPLOSION!!!!!  I swear he kicked a hole in the back of my seat..............name calling; kicking kicking kicking; yelling - "NO NO NO don't take my cars away - say it - you won't take my cars away??" over and over and over and over - ALLLLLL the way home - had a few things thrown at me luckily he missed. 

Wits end to say the least - no matter what we try - it ends up in a meltdown.  If we draw out an immediate schedule - ie:  "first eat supper, then take a bath, then read the book he wants" he'll have a fit because he wants it in a different order or he wanted to draw the pictures or whatever!!!!!!  Anyway - I'm tired of writing about all this - so I'll finish up.....

Went to Kearney to a workshop today - came home (mom watched Sam today for the first time) came home and right out of the gate - MELTDOWN city because once again - I said NO to a Happy Meal.  Occurred under the kitched table - and piles of SPIT everywhere - I sat in the living room on the floor looking at my white board with pics of 1)Calm/quiet 2)NO spitting 3)then we'd talk.  He refused to look at the board.......after about 20 min THANK GOD daddy came home to break it all up  - with that, I'm signing off - good night and hopefully on to a GREAT tantrum-free weekend - PlEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment